Mummy Brie with Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar Recipe
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yields: 3 - 4 servings
1 sheet puff pastry
1 black olive sliced
2 dried cranberries
1 medium egg
1 tablespoon milk
2 tablespoons blueberry balsamic vinegar (or any flavor of dark balsamic of your choice)
1 pack crackers
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit.
Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a floured surface, roll out the pastry sheet and cut into 1/2 inch thin strips.
3. Wrap the brie cheese that replicates the mummy bandage, leaving some space at the center.
4. Place two olive slices as eyes, followed by dried cranberries at the middle of olive slices.
5. Make an egg wash by whisking an egg and milk in a small bowl.
Using a pastry brush, brush the pastry strips around brie cheese and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown and flaky.
6. Once done, drizzle with blueberry balsamic vinegar and serve the mummy brie with crackers at the sides.