- » Oven Baked Eggs in a Brioche Basket + Heart Healthy Olive Oil = Breakfast of Champions!
- » Roasted Red Pepper and Potato Frittata with Harissa Aoli
- » Wild Mushroom and Sage Infused Chicken Pot Pie
- » Lemon Agrumato Waffles with Fresh Strawberry and CaraCara Orange Vanilla Balsamic Compote
- » Savory Cheddar Mashed Potato "Latke" Waffle with Garlic Olive Oil
Savory Cheddar Mashed Potato "Latke" Waffle with Garlic Olive Oil
2 cups cold or room temperature mashed potatoes (preferably unseasoned)
1 cup bleached all purpose flour or 1/2 potato flour (starch)
1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
2 large scallions thinly sliced
1/3 cup garlic olive oil
1 large egg, beaten
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons salt (less for pre-seasoned mashed potatoes)
fresh ground pepper to taste
Sour cream (optional for serving)
Heat the waffle maker. Meanwhile add all the ingredients to a large bowl including 1/2 of the scallions, and whisk thoroughly.
Grease the hot waffle iron well. Add 1/3 cup for each waffle. Cook until golden brown on the inside, about 5 minutes per waffle. Serve with a dollop of sour cream, additional scallions, and hot sauce, if desired.